Once upon a time, theriskyshift.com was a hub of debate for the next generation of political thinkers. Then those editing the political thinkers went and found employers who weren’t so keen on them editing political thinkers. Thus the story ended.
All content written for the site remains uploaded as a reference point. You can search through it by using the search function in the top right hand corner of this page. Email addresses associated with this site are not checked. We have significantly reduced the functionality of the site and as a result you may come across things that do not work or are inaccessible.
A massive THANK YOU to all our readers and contributors for making theriskyshift.com what it was. We on the editorial team thoroughly enjoyed our work with TRS – it was a resounding success and we walk away with some amazing memories.
Some of the things we achieved:
- Nearly a quarter of a million unique visitors annually
- Over 130 top notch contributors, including journalists from the New York Times, the Guardian, the Economist, the Times of Israel (we could continue…), think tank researchers, political advisors (there was even a NATO chap involved) and of course some of the brightest post grads out there
- Affiliations with the D.C.-based Centre for International Maritime Security, the Atlantic Council of Canada, Cambridge University Press, Johns Hopkins University Press
- Dedicated Italian and Polish sections of the site
- Photo bombed the White House; invited to the Brazilian Embassy Christmas party in London
- Listed on Google News, cited across the mainstream media (and extensively on Wikipedia)
- Podcasts featured on iTunes
George the Dog
Mairi Annabel Leggatt
Nicola Degli Esposti
Nicolas Bennet Jones
Torie Rose DeGhett